Home

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Chocolate Peppermint Roll

Recipe of the Week: Chocolate Peppermint Roll
I tackled this recipe and followed it step by step.  My In-Laws were coming over after Big Sis's School concert for desert.  I wanted to try something new and something that said Holiday treat!  I was so excited to try this one.  It turned out good but not worth the time. I also could not find Peppermint Andes so I substituted Regular Andes. I am sure it would have made a big difference.  I think I will make it again but substitute my own chocolate cake, filling and glaze recipes next time.  This recipe is fun to try. Let me know how you like it, if you make it!


Chocolate Peppermint Roll
Serves 8 people
For the chocolate genoise recipe, click here.
Ingredients:
Peppermint Buttercream Frosting:
  • 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter
  • 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
  • 2 cups confectioner sugar
  • ½ cup chopped Peppermint Andes
Chocolate Pouring Sauce:
  • 2/3 cups dark chocolate
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
  • 4-5 tablespoons water, warm
Instructions:
Peppermint Buttercream Frosting:
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
Chocolate Pouring Sauce:
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water. 
Let chocolate and cream sit for 2-3 minutes to melt without stirring. 
Then slowly stir mixture to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix
 to combine. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each 
addition until pouring consistency is reached. Set aside and let sauce cool to warm.
Assembly:
  1. Unroll Genoise and spread filling to a 1/4 inch in thickness. 
  2. Roll filled cake from end to end. Trim ends as needed for a clean finish.
  3. Place fully assembled roll on a serving plate (or on a cooling                                                                        rack for a cleaner pouring finish) and pour chocolate on top.
  4. Finish with peppermint Andes shavings.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...