When traveling money can add up pretty quickly. We have come up with a few ways to save a bit!
1. Pack food and snacks to eat in your hotel room. You can save $5.00 per kid on breakfast if you pack it!
2. Do not pay $15.00 for an in room movie! Bring or borrow a car TV or dvd player and a movie you already have. Don't forget the cord to attach it to the TV! You can also pick up a movie from Redbox or Blockbuster Box for free. There are usually rental boxes close to wherever yo Check out CouponDad by clicking for Blockbuster HERE and Redbox HERE. I never pay to rent because there are always movie codes. Another tip: If you want to rent 2 dvd's check them out in 2 different transactions with 2 different movie codes!
3. Pack toys and small games to play in the car and hotel room. We like cards, wax bendy stix, a few babies/barbies, several books including a BIG collection that has lots of stories. Don't forget coloring books and crayons!
4. Go and explore the hotel. Find the pools, is there an aquarium, courtyard, or a playground? Does the hotel have a dining room that has complimentary coffee,tea, hot chocolate, and fruit 24 hours?
5. Pack snacks in the car to toss back to the kids. We usually pack animal crackers, prewashed and cut fruits and veggies, pretzels, sippy cups, hulless popcorn, etc. I have also tossed a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter in as well.
Leave a comment below. What do you do to save on a trip?