Home

Monday, July 23, 2012

Recipe of the Week ~ Momma's Peach Pie

When I was little I used to help my Grandpa on his farm.  Some of my favorite memories were made on the hot summer days sitting on the old antique truck with a bed full of peaches. Sitting and being silly with the cousins was the best. Selling to customers, yet eating more than we sold! There is nothing like the smell of a homegrown peach.  Biting into the perfect juiciest one sure was a treat.  One that was taken for granted in those days. Now a days, I still have yet to find a peach that that could ever measure up to those that my Grandpa grew.  I am sure it will never happen!    

Here is a recipe that my Momma taught me.  It is a family favorite.  
One that is great any time of the year!
Momma's Peach Pie
3 - 4 Large cans of sliced peaches (drained and sitting in a colander for at least 15 minutes)
2 Pillsbury Pie Crusts
1/2 c. flour and 1 c. sugar mixed in a small bowl
Almond Extract
Vanilla Ice Cream

Coat peaches with mixture. 
You may have some extra mixture leftover.
Spray Pam in the pie plate and then place the crust in the bottom.  Sprinkle a little flour in the bottom pie shell. Pour in the peach mixture.  Dab a few drops of almond extract on the peaches.  
Place crust on the top, wet your hand with water and rub on the top crust.  
Sprinkle sugar on top.  Poke the crust with a fork.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Enjoy with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!
Scrumptious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...