Home

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe of the Week ~ Cornflake Hash brown Potatoes

I have made hash brown potatoes for years.  My recipe was fabulous, I thought, until Easter!  I misplaced my recipe so I went to Allrecipes and tried this one.  We loved it!  Middle Sis made these for Easter and they were super yummy and more cheesy than my old recipe.  This is worth a try! I know this will be my new favorite!


Hash Brown Casserole II
 
recipe image
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
Servings: 12

"Cheesy and delicious, this hash brown casserole has a crunchy topping."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown
potatoes, thawed
1/2 cup melted butter
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
1/4 cup melted butter
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
3.In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
4.Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.

You can find the original recipe HERE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...