Home

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project 52 - 3 - Night under the Stars

Date Night # 3: Star Light Star Bright, First Star I See Tonight, I Wish I May I Wish I Might Get the Wish I Make Tonight....

How romantic, to sit under the stars and try to guess if it is a planet or a star or try to find constellations....well, times have changed and technology has taken over.  I LOVE my new DROID!  We put the kids to bed and we went out to the drive way with my phone and used the Google Sky Map application and spent a good half an hour gazing at stars and planets and knowing what was what.

 Coolest part is that if you hold the phone towards the ground you can see what stars are on the other side of the world.  We saw all of the planets or at least saw where they were located.  We have always tried guessing where certain constellations were but never knew and now we know what is what.  How Cool!  Super fun way to view the stars but nothing is better than viewing them the old fashioned way as well!
Check out Project 52 here and sign up yourself!

Simply Modern Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a cool idea! thanks for sharing!
tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...