Home

Monday, November 7, 2011

Recipe of The Week - Great Grandma B's Sugar Cookies

Great Grandma B's Cut Out Cookie Recipe
I know I was very blessed to know all of my Grandparents and some of my Great Grandparents.  Not only was I able to know them but I enjoyed them as well!  Great Grandma Beadle was a Fabulous baker! I loved visiting her because she always had fresh made cookies!  I loved her squeaky back door, the smell that greeted you as you entered her kitchen, and the coolest retro table and chairs! I loved the old metal outdoor furniture she had too!  My favorite cookies that she made were her molasses, cut out and snicker doodle.  Well...all of her cookies were my favorite :) Here is her cut-out cookie recipe!  Enjoy!

1c. Crisco (I use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup crisco)
4 Egg Yolks
1 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
Beat until smooth and set aside Bowl #1
3 c. flour
2 t. Baking Powder
stir in bowl #2
8 oz. Sour Cream
Mix Bowl #2 and Sour Cream into Bowl #1 on low or by hand
Chill 1 hour
Roll out on a floured surface ( I use my silpat to prevent sticking) to aout 1/4 inch thick.




 Bake at 350 degrees 8 - 10 minutes. You do not want them to turn brown!
 While you wait on the first few trays, cut out some more!




 To Frost:
Mix a small bag of powder Sugar, 
1 T soft butter,  
2 - 3 T Milk (to consistency), 
almond extract to flavor and food coloring





 Let set overnight and package them up to deliver!
 Add a few extra special touches and you are ready for a Harvest Party!
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...