Today you will get one of our all time favorite Fall Recipes!
Autumn Harvest Soup
I found this in
by: Mary Beth Lagerborg and Mimi Wilson
You can buy this book at Amazon.com
I was able to hear them speak at a MOPS Convention and they were fabulous!
I found many favorite recipes in this book!
- 12 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a stockpot, melt margarine over medium heat, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stir constantly until thickened.
- Add cubed potatoes, onions and spices. Bring to a boil, stir frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bacon, cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted.
You have to pair this with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits found HERE!